Design for assembly (DFA) is a process by which products are designed with ease of assembly in mind. If a product contains fewer parts it will take less time to assemble, thereby reducing assembly costs.
These are several advices that could ease the assembly of your product and hence minimise the assembly cost:
- minimise the number of parts
- use COTS (Commercial off-the-shell) components
- make connection unique
- give parts clear orientation
- avoid complex operations at the assembly line.
- use the same screws whenever is possible
- try to avoid sensitive parts and non-touch zones.